Saturday, January 16, 2010

Wrap up..and an auction!!!!


this week has been a whirlwind, and so I'll just give the high- and low-lights.

*food poisioning over (i think) but man do i hate being sick. especially when i'm home alone.

*electric fetus event a total win! they will continue to carry my stuff at the store, and through the end of the month it's all 10% off!

*super excited about my employee, Katy. She's been an absolute dream, and has helped boost my output by about 50%. i no longer need to work from 9am to 11pm to get my orders out the door. whew!

*am home alone while my folks visit the grandkids. my dad's birthday is today, we celebrated before they left so i forgot today was *the* day. sorry pop!

*found a page that lists the points in girl scout cookies. ugh.

*am once again so thankful for the safe, clean, and warm housing i enjoy based on my parents extreme generosity, support, and love for their 34-year-old artist daughter.



And now for the auction.....the situation in Haiti is so unimaginably bad, and inspired by the amazing Nina at Ornamental I am going to create a one-of-a-kind piece to auction off here, with 100% of the proceeds of the auction item going to Red Cross and Doctors Without Borders. I will match the first $50 with a donation to the Red Cross and the second $50 (or portion of $50) to Doctors Without Borders.

Look for the auction tomorrow evening, I do need some time to make something fabulous and amazing for you all to bid on. I'm thinking a big chicken, like this one, with some baby chicks in a flock around it.

No comments: