Wednesday, February 06, 2008

in a strange place

have spent the bulk of the day at the coffee shop, wrestling with microsoft's latest evil version of WORD. i hate, hate, hate it. give me the old familiar version! PLEASE!?!?!?!

but i finally got the maps for the handmaidens show finished. yayy!

my sleep cycles have been screwed up majorly. staying up way too late or getting up way too early. the dude who lives above me has been watching movies or basketball games until 2-3 in the morning. and being a good minnesotan, i am too shy to go up there and ask him to please keep it down.

yesterday i slept maybe 4 hours? i woke up about 4:30 AM and started to read 'a thousand splendid suns', which i finished last night, around 3 AM. it was really good, very touching, and it convinced me in a strange way, that i want to go back to school to become an english teacher.

so yes, the strong interest inventory i took 2 years ago, and tim's consistent insistence were right, it is my destiny.

i've signed a lease for another 6 months at my apartment, but they don't allow students to live there, so depending on the program i choose, i may or may not be able to stay.

my thinking now is that i should rent the cheapest living space possible, and have a separate studio space.

oy.

No comments: