Saturday, June 21, 2008

solstice


so it's a lovely first-day-of-summer day, i'm enjoying the little birds at my parents' feeders and hoping they don't smack into the glass as i watch! i'm about to gather up some flowers to take back to town with me in my little red car. it's hot rod weekend in st. paul and i feel kind of sad about my dumpy little corolla. maybe i'll art it up with a decal or something fun. who knows.

so i got up at my new 'normal' time, 6 AM, even though I stayed up too late working on a new bracelet last night (photos later, if i finish it!). inspiration struck and i made a mer-dog for my friend sara's baby brynn. we met up at the farmer's market, and brynn started lovin' on the mer-dog right away. success!

came out and toured my parents' amazingly lovely gardens, and chatted with a few of their high school aged workers. they have a small army of landscapers/former students that have been instrumental in turning this place into eden.

we just got back from a picnic at my gram's care center, mom and dad are napping quick before we go out to try to tackle the re-make of the labyrinth. it got too overgrown with weeds, you can't see the lines at all. we're going to 'rock' the lines. hopefully my dad can still mow over them.

they have the most lovely fat bumblebees in the purple sage right outside their back windows. i wish i could have one as a pet.

No comments: