Thursday, March 20, 2008

catching up

chicago was lovely, as always. my sister is blissfully happy, and in lurve with a gentle, amazing man. lucky!

yesterday was an awesome day. stayed home from work and made birds all day. then at night, i got to go to the BON JOVI concert, thanks to jason. man, i couldn't ask for a better best friend!

spring has arrived in MN. the thorn trees outside my building at work are full of chirping birdies. as i walk by them, i do a little trick i taught myself when i used to frequent pet stores, wishing i could own a chickadee of my own.

i 'click' at them with my tongue. back of the mouth, curl up the lip. know what i mean?

anyway. i click at them for maybe 3 or 4 seconds, and they INSTANTLY quiet down. i'm sure i'm swearing at them in their language, who knows. anyway. instantly the cacophony dies down, and they are silent. then in about 8 seconds, it's started up again. it's magical. it never fails to make me smile, that for a few minutes anyway, i'm speaking the language of the birds.

i'll try to get video of it so you can see what i mean.

No comments: